Optimal Setup for Modding¶
You can skip all of this if you are using FSRoot, GT5 Raw reading patch, or RPCS3.
As it may be tiring to always pack files for each edit being made, here is a simple table of things to do to remedy that process.
Batch Script File (for PDIPFS)¶
Create a file named
Pack_And_Transfer.bat, and inside it, put the following :
Now, create a file named
ftp_script.txt with the following contents :
# Execute the script using a command like: # "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" /log="C:\writable\path\to\log\WinSCP.log" /ini=nul /script="C:\path\to\script\script.txt" open ftp://anonymous:anonymous%40example.com@<IP>/ -passive=0 -rawsettings ProxyPort=1 FtpPingInterval=3 option confirm off lcd <Out_Path> cd /dev_hdd0/game/<Game_Code>/USRDIR put * exit
<IP>with the PS3's IP
<Game_Code>with the target game code i.e BCES00569
<Output_Path>with the output packed files.
- Consider plugging your PS3 to your PC through Ethernet to speed up sending files. This guide is helpful.
- Consider investing in a capture card, like an Elgato. This will allow you to preview your PS3 in its own window so you don't have to keep moving around.
- Consider using a second screen/monitor for the PS3 if above is not possible.
- If above is still not possible, consider using an HDMI Switch.
- RPCS3 can be very helpful for modding (except race mods in later versions of GT6 where the game is unplayable).
Created: September 22, 2023