This page displays mods that are known to be of high quality, reach out if you have one to display!
GT2 Plus by pez2k¶
Gran Turismo 2 plus is an unofficial bugfix and update for Gran Turismo 2. Two versions are provided:
Light - This is solely fixes for outstanding bugs in the game.
Complete - This restores cut content and adds new content in the style of the base game, as well as including all fixes from the Light version.
GT6 Spec II by Nenkai & TheAdmiester¶
After the successful GT5 Master Mod, my attention has shifted to Gran Turismo 6, this time being joined by @TheAdmiester and his experience in engine sounds to form a mod that improves the overall experience of the game.
This mod, like the GT5 Master Mod, aims to restore features, add new ones, but also add new content, such as bringing back all the lost Seasonals that Polyphony Digital made throughout the course of the game.
GT5 Master Mod by Nenkai¶
You may have heard of me in a few threads here or in other places - I've created tools to view and edit the game. This mod is a result of all the research that has been made towards the game compiled into one.
This mod adds several features to the game - mainly hidden ones and trust me, there are a lot. A lot of these features were used by Polyphony Digital to help developing the game.
This mod for Gran Turismo 5 adds several features to the game:
Debug features enabled for any game build.
- Pressing SELECT on the main menu brings up a debug menu.
- Holding R1 while going to the photo travel mode unlocks all locations.
- Holding R1 while openning all tickets/vouches runs in debug mode; no tickets are consumed.
- Pressing START in any event or license completes them.
- Pressing START in the Used Car Dealership on a car gives you the car for free.
- Pressing TRIANGLE in the Dealership on a car color gives you the car for free.
- Holding R1 while viewing a car in the garage does not make the car spin.
- Holding R1 while picking a car in arcade mode does not make the car spin.
- Runviewer/QA/Debug features enabled in Course Maker.
- Quick Location Switcher debug feature enabled in Photo Travel.
- Runviewer features (Resolution Changing) enabled in Options.
LAN Enabled & Online Experience Improvements (Original credits to Razerman and others for the initial discovery)
- Improvements over the initial mod
- More cars allowed in One-Make.
- All tracks had their "rain_situation" enabled, meaning you can now set any track rainy.
- Template02 and 04 are now playable online along with Top Gear variants.
- It is now possible to use karts and F1's in Online Rooms without regulations. FGT vs F1's are now possible.
- Updated ALL online car sets, credits to goongumps. (Full list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wP0jUh-rrbH_lI8PL3m6wU39RNbn3qalawl_T0BOcl8/edit?usp=sharing)
- Changed default track to Autumn Ring - Mini for faster room loading.
- Shuffle list rebalanced.
- Time to pick tracks increased from 40 to 45s.
PS2 Tracks re-added
- 42 Tracks!
- Added missing logos, maps, previews for them.
Added scrapped cars:
- Polyphony Digital X1 (fan) - From GT5 QA Build of Sept. 16th 2010
- Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel (Old) - Model from GT5 QA Build of Sept. 16th 2010
- Nissan SKYLINE Coupe 370GT (GT Academy Version) '07 - Car from GT Academy 2012 that never carried to GT5.
Readded scrapped old template02 track (as template12).
New racing modifications
- It's all up to you from now on. No list to provide to avoid spoilers 👀
- Special Settings are unlocked by default in options.
- Increased the AI difficulty of the arcade mode. Old "Professional" difficulty is "Normal".
- It is now possible to go in the Photo Travel with a standard car.
- Photo Mode in-race now lets you take the camera everywhere.
- You can go in the museum menu, but it does not work much, still.
- It is now possible to take photos of standards without the zoom restriction.
- You can now paint special cars in GT Auto.
- You can also paint wheels for special cars in GT Auto.
- Added a notice in the main menu with mod details.
- All Rally tracks had their AI in arcade increased from 4 to 12-16.
- Added a RACE_EDIT/Event Creator event in A-Spec (Beginner)
- Changed the base path for RACE_EDIT that makes saving xml files possible.
- Removed ALL annoying gttop (Main Menu) PSN prompts while connected to the internet.
- Update Main Menu year to 2020.
- Changed some RACE_EDIT strings "WRITE FILE DONE"/"WRITE FILE FAILED" to more human readable strings.
- Car dealership now sells all the cars.
- Restored cut A-Spec events. (Removed as of 1.0.5 while polishing)
- PS2 Tracks that did not have a map menu icon now have one. (Credits to Shy_Doge)
- PS2 Tracks that did not have a logo now have one.
- Restored a GTHD/GT5P scene for a car selection in GT Mode which looks a lot cooler.
- Money limit increased from 20,000,000 to 2,000,000,000 (possibly only new saves).
- Online: Minimum Shuffle Base changed from 300 to 240.
- Online: Maximum Shuffle base changed from 500 to 1000.
- Online: Shuffle list for higher PP ranges imported from GTPSP.
- Online: Time to finish minimum changed from 20 seconds to 10.
- Online: Time to pick during track vote has been increased from 40 to 45s, due to the added tracks.
- Reimplemented offline login presents (and increased XP/Cash ratio).
- Added some A-Spec dummy events just to test out template02 and 04.
- It is now possible to use karts and F1's in GT Mode (the former will see grids full of F1 AIs though).
- Added an Easter Egg. (Hint: IA-15 AI) - Credits to Xenn
- Added Top Gear test tracks variants to Arcade and Online Modes.
- Template02 and 04 can now be selected in Course Maker.
- Some unobtainable tuning parts are now given when using the "Add All Tuning Parts" option. (New saves only).
- Increased favorite limits :
- Courses (Online?) - 50 -> 200
- Photos - 50 -> 200
- Replays - 50 -> 200
Cars - 100 -> 1000
- Made RACE_EDIT functional and fixed some native bugs. (View 1.0.4 changelog)
- Myself (Nenkai#9075) - ADHoc Script Parser, GTToolsSharp, mod creator
- Klitlika - Added cars to arcade and recommended, course list changes, UCD cars to dealership & restored & fixed cut events
- Shy_Doge - Making the missing PS2 tracks maps and logos.
- Jonny_0093 - PS2 tracks arcade previews
- Goongumps - Online Mode car category changes
- Original creators of the LAN Mod.
- xFileFIN for the RT2 tool.
- Xenn for the Easter Egg.
- Paiky & Dezent for contributing and getting GT5 QA Build which allowed content to be ported over to GT5.
- Gran Turismo Research Discord server.
- Gran Turismo Online/Modding Discord server (https://discord.io/gtonline) (Alt link: https://discord.gg/YbJjbYEKzB)
- Everyone using this mod
Created: September 22, 2023